Here’s a little bit about what you can expect in terms of the garden design process for creating your new garden space:
- Initial Planning & Consultation: To get the information I need to kick start the process, I’ve created a questionnaire to learn more about your current pain points and preferences. We’d discuss your answers during an on-site consultation. During the consultation I’ll learn more about how you would like to use your garden and your likes and dislikes. I will also take photos of your existing space and measurements necessary for the creation of a design plan. I’ll also take note of the kind of soil that you have, and the exposure and orientation of the landscape.
- Design Plans: I’ll create up to 3 concept plans outlining my ideas combined with your requests and preferences. You’ll have some time to decide what you prefer & can request changes, and you’ll let me know when you’ve decided what you like the best. I’ll also create an online inspiration board for you with ideas & plant options that you can provide feedback on.
- Master Plan: The final step in the design process is to create an overhead visual layout for you as a planting & hardscape plan based on the concept you prefer, and to provide a plant shopping list and suggestions for where they may be purchased. I will also provide resources for hardscaping as necessary.
- Installation: When you are ready to implement your project, I can make suggestions for people you can work with on parts of the project you may not want to do yourself. I can do site visits to help manage the project at implementation time and plant placement to make sure you get exactly what you want.
- On-going consulting, garden coaching, and maintenance: A newly installed garden must be cared for and maintained to ensure that it will grow and continue to thrive, even one designed to be low-maintenance. I can create a maintenance plan for you as well as offer regular site visits to help you cultivate and maintain your garden. Or, if you’re just interested in using my time as a garden consultant/coach as-needed, I’m glad to do that & will charge hourly for my time.