I was inspired by a plant combination I saw recently at Portland Nursery that combined a dark-leaved euphorbia with a multi-colored, flowering erysimum, and the silver foliage of artemesia. I love a hit of saturated color this time of year — after months of bleak weather, contrasts of burgundy and orange really lift the spirits.
So I played around with some plant combinations I could use in a container, or even a year-round planting bed and came up with this:
From the top-left:
- Euphorbia ‘Ruby Glow’: http://plantlust.com/plants/euphorbia-ruby-glow/
- Erysimum ‘Winter Orchid’: http://plantlust.com/plants/erysimum-winter-orchid/
- Tulip ‘Queen of the Night’: http://plantlust.com/plants/tulipa-queen-of-the-night/
- Artemesia Versicolor ‘Seafoam’: http://plantlust.com/plants/artemisia-versicolor-seafoam/
- Libertia ‘Sunset Blaze’: http://plantlust.com/plants/libertia-ixioides-sunset-blaze/
Good for Zones 7+.